Tesla Cybertruck Takes Pre-orders In Europe, But Continues To Take Pre-orders In U.s. Even As Cumulative Pre-orders Exceed 1.3 Million
May 16,2022 | Chloe Lacour
The Tesla Cybertruck, an electric pickup truck that doesn't appear to be officially in production, has had numerous delays in its production. The latest has been pushed back to 2023, but production has still not been confirmed.
In addition, Tesla refused to close orders for electric pickups in the first place. November 3, 2021 Pre-orders, 1.3 million units (currently no new releases, estimated 1.5 million units)
Tesla is definitely not going to make pickups. The size of the Ford giant in the U.S. They built a factory to make electric cars. Specifically, the Ford F-150 Lightning has closed pre-orders for 200,000 electric pickups, and they also say it will reach full production next year, 150,000 a year.
14 May 2022 Newly released Cybertruck website Saturday update for Europe and China. Customers can sign up to receive updates about electric trucks. It confirmed that the Cybertruck has closed for European pre-orders, but for Canada, the United States, and Mexico, pre-orders are still available.
The TESLA Cybertruck electric pickup is open for booking for 2 years, and the current booking time is November 23, 2021, with a total of 1.3 million units, and there is no official bicycle production line yet.
Tesla initially promised that a dual-motor AWD version of the Cybertruck would enter production by the end of 2021, and a single-motor version would be available by the end of 2022.
However, engineering delays include COVID-related issues, supply chain issues, making electric pickups like this infinite scrolling
Tesla has removed the production date of the Tesla Cybertruck from its website. This suggests there will be no production until 2022.
According to sources undisclosed by Reuters, the Tesla Cybertruck will enter early production in early 2023 (by the end of the first quarter of 2023).
- We think the rumors are reliable. Because Tesla may be preparing its financial report for the fourth quarter of 2021, which is official. This may lead to the disclosure of such information.
The initial commissioning in the first quarter of 2023 means that next year is just the beginning of production. Before mass production starts in 2024
Tesla CEO Elon Musk is expected to release an updated product roadmap on January 26, 2022.
The Tesla Cybertruck will likely be produced (under construction) at Tesla's Giga Austin factory in Texas.
Let's Go Back To Events. Tesla's Electric Pickup Is Better.
November 12, 2019: Tesla announces new Gigafactory
A few days before the launch of the Cybertruck, Musk announced a new Gigafactory in the U.S. to build electric pickups. The factory will be the fourth Tesla Gigafactory after Nevada, New York, and Shanghai.
- November 23, 2019: 146,000 electric pickups were pre-ordered within 24 hours of the Cybertruck prototype being shown.
- November 26, 2019: Cybertruck hits 250,000 pre-orders just 5 days after launch.
- February 18, 2020: Pre-orders reach 500,000 units.
- June 23, 2020: Cybertruck hits 650,000 pre-orders 6 months after launch.
- July 22, 2020: Tesla officially selects Texas for Gigafactory
- August 3, 2021: 1.25 million maximum bookings
- August 9, 2021: Cybertruck production is delayed until 2022.
- Initially, it was announced that production of the dual-motor and triple-motor versions would begin in late 2021, with the single-motor version to go into production in 2022.
- October 16, 2021: Tesla has removed all terms and pricing information from Cybertruck's landing page. The only option currently displayed on the site is a refundable $100 reservation.
- November 23, 2021: Tesla Cybertruck surpasses 1.3 million pre-orders.